Associate Provost for Faculty Development
Job no: 499337
College / VP Area: Office of the Provost
Work type: Faculty
Categories: Full Time
The Office of the Provost invites nominations, inquiries, and applications for the position of Associate Provost for Faculty Development. The Associate Provost will report to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and is responsible for supporting the ongoing development of programs and policies that increase faculty success. These efforts include developing and overseeing campus-wide mentoring initiatives, providing guidance on best practices in faculty review processes, promoting faculty recognition via internal and external honors and awards, and facilitating academic leadership development for all UD faculty. The Associate Provost will work with the UD Faculty Achievement Program, serve as the University’s point of contact with the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), and will work collaboratively with key partners, such as the Center for Teaching and Assessment of Learning; the Library, Museums and Press; Academic Technology Services; UD-ADVANCE, the Research Office; Human Resources; and the Community Engagement Initiative.
This is a primary appointment at 70% time, with an initial 5-year term with the possibility of renewal.
- Work with the UD Faculty Achievement Program, to engage in annual goal setting, budget preparation, and program development, in coordination with other activities within Faculty Affairs.
- Leverage UD’s NCFDD Membership to promote diversity and faculty success at all career stages.
- Promote effective mentoring focused on faculty review policies and practices (annual appraisal, peer review, promotion and tenure).
- Create and oversee a campus-wide mentoring program for early- and mid-career faculty.
- Develop and promote family-friendly policies and practices.
- Identify and recognize external faculty honors and awards
- Work with faculty members and administrators on nomination and application processes for internal and external honors and awards
- Liaise with the Office of Communications and Marketing to promote faculty achievement and expertise in the media
- Create a pipeline program for academic leadership at UD
- Facilitate formal and informal opportunities for faculty members to explore leadership prospects
- Collaborate with Human Resources on programming to diversify the academic leadership pipeline at UD.
- Provide programming in support of academic leadership throughout the academic year
- Coordinate leadership support efforts between the Provost’s Office,
Deans, Chairs Caucus, HR, and others.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree or appropriate advanced degree and a primary or secondary appointment as a UD faculty member.
- Preferred experience and success in shared governance and leadership.
- Preferred record in promoting faculty success and diversity.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend