Financial Aid Compliance Coordinator, Student Financial Services
Job no: 499332
College / VP Area: VP for Enroll Management
Work type: Staff
Categories: Student Affairs & Services, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of the Job:
This position is critical in supporting the compliance area of Student Financial Services. These responsibilities require strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to work with a diverse student population, as well as an aptitude for administering financial aid programs to ensure compliance with all Federal Title IV regulations. The staff member in this position must effectively administer financial aid programs in support of our mission to ensure access and support progression and performance of our students. This individual works in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse environment, develops effective relationships within other areas of the university, serves as a liaison with other departments across campus, attends workshops and meetings consistent with professional development, as well
as on-going university training to meet the growing demands of the position.
60% - Assist with the administration of athletic, state, and development funds:
- Works collaboratively with the athletic department to ensure financial aid funds are awarded timely and accurately.
- Assists with and monitor the determination of student-athlete eligibility for initial and continuing eligibility and financial aid.
- Reviews and communicates appeal decisions to students, including requirements before a student is packaged, using discretion and professional judgment.
- Coordinates the allocation of state funding, SEED and Expanded SEED under the direction of the compliance manager.
- Works collaboratively with compliance manager to award institutional endowed/restricted funding in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets with student athletes as needed to ensure understanding of financial aid and billing
- Ensures financial aid policies are relevant and up to date in regards to NCAA rules and institutional policy.
- Serves as backup to compliance manager in completing FISAP, PPA, CDS, AOR, and any other federally required reporting.
25% - Financial Education and Service Delivery:
- Counsels prospective and current students and families regarding school-related financial aid concerns, and responds fully to escalated inquiries, including the application and awarding process, budgeting and the securing of resources to meet expenses.
- Responds to complex questions (including escalated calls and visits) from prospective students, current students, parents, campus colleagues and others regarding financial aid programs and additional funding needs to attend, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach activities to support application completion for incoming and current students.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively via email, on phone, or in person.
15% - Training and Partnerships:
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid Operations in working closely with the Billing team to ensure timely disbursement and reconciliation of funds (federal and private loans, Pell)
- Works alongside other members of the compliance team in counseling students/parents, processing aid, ensuring that the College remains compliant with respect to State and Federal regulations and providing training to other departments.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations and federal student aid programs, including but not limited to Direct Loans, Pell
- Grants, Perkins Loans, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG), and Federal Work Study.
- Experience working with U.S. Department of Education (ED) and reporting to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) and National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Experience working in a University environment preferred.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, diplomacy and discretion with the ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze complex information, evaluate results, and facilitate resolution of difficult challenges.
- Detail oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, collaborative team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing and conducting group presentations.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Experience creating efficiencies through technology, including experience with data query and analytics.
- PeopleSoft experience or similar financial aid module a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend