Associate Director, Annual Giving
Job no: 499297
College / VP Area: Development & Alumni Rel
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30S
Work Modality: Hybrid Work Modality (2 days in-person; 3 days from home)
Context of the Job:
Under the limited direction of the Senior Director, the Associate Director is primarily responsible for establishing, managing, and implementing projects to communicate engagement, solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship messaging consistently and effectively through a variety of direct marketing channels with a primary goal of increasing donor giving and engagement at the University of Delaware. This position supports the overall marketing and communications efforts of DAR Marketing, primarily responsible for those priorities related to giving, engagement, and stewardship while focusing on an integrated marketing schedule for the friend, parent, faculty, staff, and student constituencies.
- Plan, develop and execute short- and long-term giving, engagement, and stewardship strategies using direct marketing channels and communications for the faculty and staff, students, parents, friends, and select affinity groups with the purpose of increasing giving, engagement, and participation from annual donors.
- In collaboration with other DAR Marketing team members, responsible for strategy and management of internal and external DAR partners and affinity fundraising program needs while supporting campus partners, student groups, colleges, and departments to achieve their fundraising and engagement goals.
- Responsible for strategy and management of the annual faculty/staff and student philanthropy programs designed to increase awareness and education on campus of the importance of philanthropy at UD resulting in $1 million in cash gifts annually from 2,000 donors.
- In collaboration with other DAR Marketing team members, responsible for strategy and management of annual stewardship efforts for managed audiences.
- Coordinates editorial and writing support for Development staff to maintain consistent quality and messaging for all Development and Alumni Relations marketing and communications. Serves as a resource to write, review, and edit ad hoc documents, proposals, solicitations, and letters.
- Serve as a liaison for internal to DAR and external campus partners to write, edit, refine, schedule, and implement communications such as newsletters, online tools (Working at UD, Student Life Newsletter, Blue Hen Family Hub), etc. supporting the overall vision of DAR marketing programs.
- In support of UD's institutional goals, develop strategies to increase alumni participation rate as the University seeks to enhance its reputation among peer institutions.
- Orchestrate and develop ongoing evaluation and analysis of program areas.
- Develop a fiscal year plan and analyze statistical reports to evaluate and adjust the effectiveness of program areas, making recommendations for future success.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred, with a minimum of three years of progressively responsible job experience and a proven management record.
- Experience in university or college setting, working with diverse constituencies preferred.
- An understanding of a major research university environment preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing short-and-long-term goals and plans while successfully managing multiple projects, particularly across departments requiring leadership and collaboration.
- Knowledge of professional fundraising principles, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with students, alumni and volunteers to deliver effective programs.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must excel in managing multiple priorities, organizing, resource management, and working with tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong background with budget experience and computer proficiency, specifically Microsoft Office and database experience.
- Proven ability to evaluate, develop, and edit marketing correspondence and related materials.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend