Post Doctoral Researcher, Epidemiology
Job no: 498990
College / VP Area: College of Health Sciences
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time, Epidemiology
Job context: The Program in Epidemiology at the University of Delaware is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work on research and community engagement projects related to applied public health, community health assessments, state health improvement planning, and health equity.
- Supports ongoing funded research and community engagement studies and program development. Performs data management, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Develops grant applications and reports for funding agencies.
- Writes papers for the peer-reviewed literature.
- Contributes to the development of courses to be included as part of the M.P.H. and Ph.D. in epidemiology in the College of Health Sciences.
- Ph.D. or DrPH in Epidemiology or closely related field.
- Strong background in data analysis and management
- Experience in applied epidemiology (e.g., social epidemiology, chronic disease, infectious diseases, field epidemiology, disaster epidemiology).
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative methods and mixed methods research data collection and analysis are preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend