Associate Director, Student and Young Alumni Engagement
Job no: 497337
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Delaware First: the Campaign for the University of Delaware, unites Blue Hens across the nation to accelerate UD's mission of cultivating tomorrow's leaders, creating solutions to grand challenges, embracing diversity and inclusion, inspiring innovations and entrepreneurship, and transforming lives. We are currently seeking an Associate Director, Student and Young Alumni Engagement to assist our Development and Alumni Relations team in accomplishing our campaign goals while embracing this moment to reimagine the educational experience at UD... and make Delaware First, forever.
Under limited direction of the Senior Director, Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director is responsible for the growth and management of Student and Young Alumni affinity programs, with the primary goals of engaging constituents to develop a pipeline of future donors and increasing philanthropy from the constituencies. The Associate Director collaborates on the development and execution of an annual communications plan and manages prospects to develop a pipeline of future major gift donors. The incumbent makes referrals recruits new volunteers and plans and executes strategic events in support of institutional and development and alumni relations short- and long-term strategic plan(s).
- Direct and execute cohesive programming to engage current students and young alumni (especially 0-5 years post-graduation), planting the seeds of alumni loyalty while they are students with emphasis on opportunities to raise campus pride, foster a spirit of loyalty among its constituents, establish a culture of philanthropy, and promote a lifelong commitment and deeper connections to UD.
- Recruits and oversees high-level student volunteers who will serve as UD ambassadors, educate other students on philanthropy and its impact, and inspire others to become advocates and donors for the University. Serve as the staff liaison leading regular leadership meetings.
- Plan, execute and oversee new programming to ease the transition from student to young alumni, maintaining pathways for alumni participation that advance institutional goals, drive further engagement and fundraising support of key initiatives, removing any barriers for entry.
- Create mutually beneficial opportunities to connect students and alumni for career networking and mentoring activities.
- Collaborate with regional Blue Hen Networks and DAR staff, colleges and university departments such as Admissions, Career Services, Athletics, etc. on strategic programming, leveraging opportunities and traditions such as reunions, Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, Life After UD and the UD Bucket List to strengthen connections and participation from constituents.
- Implement post-event protocols including data collection and recording, conducting survey of attendees, follow-up meetings and reports, making referrals for prospects for purposes of prospect identification, cultivation, stewardship and future major gift development.
- Develop a pipeline of volunteers from pool of key prospects for filling vacancies or making referrals when needed, working closely with development colleagues to prioritize prospects; collaborate with parent and family giving team on targeted outreach and engagement to those students and young alumni who are key prospects.
- Incorporates alumni and constituent engagement programming into the fundraising pipeline as part of an integrated advancement model.
- Collaborate with DAR's Marketing Group (DMG) to develop a strategic communications plan for all programs and initiatives, targeting prospects and future major gift donors when possible.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of experience in alumni relations, annual giving, development, volunteer management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous higher education experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously and execute small and large events.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies from all disciplines including donors, volunteers, alumni, staff, and students.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, assess, develop, and implement fundraising programs and strategies.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to actively listen while developing and maintaining credibility with colleagues.
- Values opinions and is committed to the success of the team.
- Ability to work well with established deadlines. Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Special Requirements: Evening and weekend hours, as well as some local and domestic travel, required.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend