Early Childhood Technical Assistant
Job no: 497328
Work type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Trainers & Educators
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of the Job:
The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS) within the College of Education and Human Development is a diversified Department with undergraduate and graduate programs that require a close working relationship with the State of Delaware, Federal Agencies, local school systems, and numerous Health and Service agencies. The Department houses the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC). The DIEEC supports the early childhood workforce and programming services for children in early care and education through the translation of evidence-based practices to community-based settings as well as the generation of new knowledge via applied research. The DIEEC administers programs designed to increase the quality of early care and education throughout the state of Delaware, providing technical assistance, grants, and professional development supports to family child-care and center-based child-care programs and professionals throughout the state. Under the general direction of the Technical Assistance Program Manager, the Early Childhood Technical Assistant provides support and guidance in the provision of on- and off-site technical assistance to improve quality programming. This is a full-time grant-funded position.
- Provides on- and off-site technical assistance to improve child care quality in early childhood and school-age programs.
- Observes and analyzes program performance and makes recommendations for quality improvement.
- Documents technical assistance and quality efforts.
- Independently coordinates, modifies, and adapts technical assistance techniques.
- Collaborates with a team of technical assistants to improve overall service delivery to early care and education and school-age programs.
- Supervises hourly staff that assists with program documentation and general support to the program.
- Monitors data entry and maintaining database relevant to programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related discipline with two years of directly responsible job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of child development and early care and education and/or school-age environments.
- Must be detail-oriented, proficient in Microsoft Office word processing and database software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with a wide range of constituents.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend