Cash Processing Associate, Cashier's Office
Job no: 496982
Work type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of Job:
Under the supervision of the Senior Cash Processing Associate, the Cash Processing Associate has the primary responsibility to process/oversee the timely and accurate receipt and application of student tuition, flex and dining payments, non-student miscellaneous receivables payments, Third-party organization payments, and receipts for University of Delaware departments. The Cash Processing Associate position requires a high level of customer service when assisting students, parents, external customers, and the University of Delaware community. Interactions include face-to-face, virtual teleconference, telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Post/process payments for student accounts with high attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with processing payments for non-student miscellaneous billing and Third-party sponsor organizations.
- Aid parents, students, external customers, and UD departmental staff with inquiries related to account balances, payments, and collections. This includes phone and face-to-face interactions at the Cashier's counter.
- Review Team Dynamix (footprints) tickets assigned to Cashier's Office. Research, responding and resolution of inquiries as required. Reassign to Student Financial Services Advisors, SFS Quality Control or Loan Team, or Call Center where necessary.
- Monitor, manage, and respond to Cashier's Office and Flex Dining email distributions to ensure timely replies and resolutions.
- Obtain and verify information on cash transmittals for all departmental deposits to ensure accurate data entry into PeopleSoft Financials.
- Transact Payment system (Cashnet) responsibilities include processing dishonored payments (ACH) and adding the service indicator NSF in UDSIS when related to student payments; processing refund(s) upon department request as well as voiding payments for tuition and departmental charges.
- Assist with Perkins Federal loan and Nursing loan administration.
- Back-up responsibilities for opening and closing of vault and office including the UDSIS system. Opening and closing of office via secure keypad alarm. Ensuring all monies are accounted for and locked in vault per evening close. If closer, ensure Cashier's cages are locked properly and set alarm for evening/weekend close.
- Process credit card payments for applicable non-student billing and Third-party invoices over the phone. Follow-through of process includes posting of payment in financial system and allocating the proceeds via the UDeposit system.
- Answer emails, in-person, and phone call requests for Flex and Dining. Utilize Dining Admin and Blackboard Transact to determine students dining plans, usage, balance, etc.
- Provide support to Senior Cash Processing Associate including research of unidentified checks/payments, securing office files and personal customer information, and archiving department supporting documentation.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associate degree preferred in Business or Accounting.
- Three years related experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions and judgments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high level of integrity.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft, or comparable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as it applies to data analysis, system set-up, and reporting preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend