Digital Communications Specialist, College of Health Sciences
Job no: 496805
Work type: Staff
Categories: Communications & Public Relations, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 30E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) at the University of Delaware is committed to making a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities around the world. Under the direction of the Director of Communications, the Digital Communications Specialist will manage College-wide digital strategy and implementation, including the content management system (Adobe Experience Manager [AEM] and WordPress); oversee the day-to-day content optimization strategy for digital assets; and align CHS unit digital assets to meet brand standards and overall communications goals. The Digital Communications Specialist will also develop unique, original content for a variety of communications platforms; repurpose content from a variety of internal and external sources for multi-platform distribution; and monitor digital traffic to ensure online content is reaching target audiences.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, develop and maintain digital assets that support strategic communication goals. Develop, coordinate, and implement electronic outreach efforts, including the College website.
- Research SEO and best practices for web and social media, effectively integrating keywords and hashtags into content strategies.
- Track and report analytics, demonstrating the effectiveness of ongoing campaigns.
- Collaborate with CHSs Office of Educational Technology and UDs Office of Communications & Marketing on technical aspects of development and maintenance of websites.
- Work closely with CHS departments maintain and update the design of existing websites using AEM or WordPress Toolset Layouts.
- Train supporting staff how to optimize content and update digital media, building the capability to make further changes independently.
- Produce compelling digital content for the CHS website by interviewing faculty, students, and alumni, writing featured web content. Implement and maintain a master content calendar for all digital properties, making use of amplification strategies and best practices to optimize content.
- Adhere to University Brand Guides as well as policies and procedures governing IT/web efforts. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend