Athletics Ticket Sales Coordinator/Assistant Director, Ticket Sales
Job no: 496569
Work type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28E
Context of Job:
The Assistant Director, Ticket Sales/Athletics Ticket Sales Coordinator at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental mission of “Inspiring Greatness Together.”
Under general direction of the Assistant Athletic Director, Sales, the Assistant Director, Ticket Sales/Athletics Ticket Sales Coordinator is responsible for increasing athletic department revenue by selling season tickets, partial plans, individual event tickets, group tickets and experiences as well as hospitality areas, athletic facilities, and other event spaces. This position will development, implement and execute sales plans designed to meet or exceed sales and revenue goals.
- Increase attendance and ticket sales revenue with a primary focus on season ticket renewals, new season tickets and group sales, which includes community outreach initiatives, group experiences and corporate outings.
- Participate in the development, implementation and execution of sales programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrate quality outbound sales efforts by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation and referral gathering.
- Build relationships with prospective customers via outbound telephone, text and email efforts and enhance those relationships through face-to-face appointments.
- Identify new business opportunities by establishing professional and personal networks, proactively soliciting for and following up with sales leads while representing the organization at functions throughout the Newark area.
- Work closely with all internal departments for cross-promotional initiatives, specifically Event Sales, to increase overall department revenue.
- Assist in the implementation of customer service and retention strategies in order to deliver consistently positive service and exceed set goals in annual ticket sales revenue.
- Maintain working knowledge of all products to sell when applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience in sales or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of office management.
- Knowledge of unit programs, policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds in a customer service setting.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend