Post Doctoral Researcher
Job no: 496024
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time, Trainers & Educators
Pay Grade: 90E
Context of the Job:
The Center for Research in Education and Social Policy (CRESP) at the University of Delaware conducts research and evaluation to examine the implementation and impacts of programs and policies designed to improve the academic achievement, health, and well-being of children, youth, adults and families. The Postdoctoral Researcher in Educational Research will lead team efforts to design and conduct field research, develop ideas and pursue support for new projects, and collaborate with key stakeholders on these projects. This position is funded through two projects: a research-practice partnership to examine factors that facilitate entrepreneurship in education and a study of 12 partnerships across the country that serve 50% or more black or Latinx student populations. This postdoc will join a robust interdisciplinary team of professors, CRESP researchers, and graduate assistants.
- Designs, manages, and conducts educational policy research and program evaluation within a partnership model and in collaboration with district and school administrators, teachers, and representatives from educational organizations.
- Engages in research activities focused on professional learning designed to support teachers in improving their curricular-aligned instruction and culturally responsive pedagogy in middle and high school math, science, and ELA.
- Manages IRB processes with districts, and the University of Delaware.
- Conducts research activities, including study design, survey and interview protocol design, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analyses, writing practioner-facing briefs, and disseminating findings through publications.
- Identifies opportunities for new projects, leads proposal development, and disseminates research and evaluation findings to a variety of audiences.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with colleagues, project partners, collaborators, and clients.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel for site visits and conference presentations.
- Doctoral degree
- Graduate-level training in educational research and/or program evaluation
- Experience working with educational data and administrative staff within school districts
- Strong interest in mixed methods research
- Proficiency in data analysis platforms (e.g., SPSS, SAS, nVivo, DeDoose)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills; attention to detail
- Strong ethic and commitment to educational research, program evaluation, and evidence-based policy
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend