Sr Auditor, Office of Internal Audit and Compliance
Job no: 494749
Work type: Staff
Categories: Legal & Compliance, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 32E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Internal Audit assists the University in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of business risk management, control, and internal operating processes that support the University's core missions of teaching, research, and service. Under limited direction of the Director, the Senior Auditor is responsible for the systematic and objective verification, analysis and appraisal of the University's accounting, financial and operating controls. The Senior Internal Auditor supervises staff members assigned to audit projects and assists the Director in reviewing audit work papers. The Senior Auditor assists in preparing the annual reevaluation of the Internal Audit Plan, risk analyses and risk-based internal audit plans. The Senior Auditor assists in preparing materials for the meetings of the Board of Trustees Audit Visiting Committee. This position regularly communicates with University faculty and administrators at all levels and external auditors on matters relating to internal controls, compliance, and audit findings and recommendations. Duties of the position require independent execution and decision making based on the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, professional certification, experience, applicable laws and regulations and University policy.
- Develop and complete Risk Assessments, Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires for the identification, analysis, and evaluation of financial, accounting and operating risks and controls in audits.
- Perform independent audit fieldwork within budget and in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Internal Audit Department standards.
- Assist in conducting sensitive investigations of alleged financial improprieties, including fraud, reported through the University Financial Compliance Hotline and other sources.
- Review findings and recommendations with University ;clients in a way that gains their acceptance of proposed changes and promotes professional rapport.
- Develop and make presentations to the University community concerning internal accounting controls and compliance.
- Writes clear and actionable audit reports. Assist in preparing materials for Board of Trustees Audit Visiting Committee meetings.
- Follow-up on findings and recommendations to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Supervise staff members assigned to audit projects and assist the Director in reviewing audit work papers.
- Develop and assist in implementing measures to enhance Internal Audit Department audit efficiency and office administration.
- Maintain current knowledge of new developments in the accounting and internal auditing fields as applicable to the University.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, computer science, or related discipline with a minimum of six years of progressive auditing experience and leadership responsibilities in a complex business environment.
- Current CPA, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or comparable certification.
- Internal Audit, ERM, IT or Compliance Audit experience in a University, Lab, or Health Sciences environment is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical/problem solving ability.
- Ability to make effective presentations to groups. Experience in using data analysis tools preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to change priorities quickly and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend