Associate Director of Development (College of Engineering)
Job no: 494740
Work type: Staff
Categories: Development & Alumni Relations, Full Time
Pay Grade: 30S
Context of the Job:
The Associate Director of Development is responsible for major gift fundraising for the College of Engineering, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors for the College. The major emphasis of the position is the solicitation of gifts of $50,000 or more from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The incumbent will have a lead role in building a fundraising strategy for the College during the University-wide Delaware First comprehensive campaign.
Under limited direction of the Senior Director of Development for the College of Engineering, the Associate Director is accountable to the Dean of Engineering for the accomplishment of fundraising goals for the College.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits individual, corporate and foundation prospects for the College, with a focus on gifts of $50,000 or higher.
- Engages the Dean, Deputy Dean, Associate Deans, Department Chairs, administrators, and faculty, as necessary and appropriate, in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects in alignment with College and University priorities.
- Manages a pool of 150 to 175 prospects and makes 12 to 15 visits per month. Some of these visits will be done jointly with the Dean, colleagues and other development staff.
- Plans, recommends, and carries out appropriate solicitation strategies; guides individual faculty members when needed within this context. Takes responsibility as liaison with assigned College departments.
- Plans, recommends and carries out strategies for donor cultivation activities and events.
- Coordinates stewardship reports and activities for assigned prospects with appropriate members of the administration and faculty of the College.
- Assists with University Alumni Relations and College-related activities and events with a major donor component.
- Assists with College marketing initiatives as related to development.
- Must be aware of and prepared to assist where appropriate in the College’s alumni, public relations, and career services activities.
- Participates in the prospect solicitation clearance tracking process.
- Provides support to the prospect solicitation tracking process.
- Assists with stewardship reports and activities with appropriate members of the administration and faculty of the College.
- Bachelor's degree and four years progressively responsible fund raising job-related experience required.
- Experience in college/university major gift fundraising highly desirable.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with prospects and donors, to work effectively in a team setting, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong interpersonal skills.
- Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to participate in cooperative work environment within the Development team and across the University.
- Ability to develop and implement short-and-long-term goals and plans.
- Ability to develop and maintain record-keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to perform tasks on own initiative, many of which have no precedent.
- Must possess strong self-motivation.
- Significant local and domestic travel required.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend