Administrative Assistant III, Mathematical Sciences
Job no: 494730
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the job: Under the limited supervision of the Business Administrator, provide laboratory and administrative support for the Mathematical Sciences Learning Laboratory (MSLL).Manage, schedule, and interact directly with a large number of student staff, including classroom assistants, tutors, testing lab proctors, and reception staff, in a flexible-use scheduled space.Interact with facilities and custodial workers as necessary.Strong managerial and organizational skills, problem solving ability, and independent judgement are required.This person may work in the afternoon and evenings. Some flexibility in hours is possible.
- Schedule, train, and supervise laboratory staff.
- Interview, train, schedule, and supervise student reception staff.
- Train, schedule, and supervise student proctors for two MSLL Testing Labs. Schedule classroom assistants for all MSLL classes.
- Schedule student tutors for MSLL Open Lab. Coordinate and oversee advertising for all open student staff positions.
- Work with MSLL Director to schedule interviews with prospective tutors and classroom assistants.
- Resolve all scheduling issues. Supervision of MSLL testing labs (one in Kent Dining Hall, one in McKinly Lab).
- Be on-site to open and close both testing labs.
- Set up the testing labs each week (e.g., calculators, rosters, written exams, proctor schedules).
- Troubleshoot testing issues, including minor technical issues. Provide staff and office support for the Director and MSLL faculty.
- Serve as point of contact for resolving facilities issues with MSLL spaces in Kent Dining Hall, McKinly Lab, and 5 Courtney St.
- Coordinate mail, supplies, and copy orders for MSLL faculty.
- Perform and/or coordinate organization and storage of files, student exams, and other paper and electronic records.
- Field basic phone and email inquiries. Monitor and report on usage of MSLL Open Lab and testing labs.
- Process weekly swipe card data for student attendance at MSLL Open Lab.
- Produce and distribute reports on attendance at MSLL Open Lab for instructors.
- Generate other MSLL utilization reports (e.g., usage of testing labs) as needed and requested by the Director.
- High School diploma/GED and three years related experience.
- Effective communication, organization, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to be proactive and to prioritize tasks in a complex environment.
- Ability to move efficiently between distant sites on campus.
- Ability to manage and work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently with word processors, spreadsheets, and other software tools.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend