Pay Grade: 26N
Context of the Job:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for the recruitment and admission of domestic and international undergraduate students. Under the general direction of the Director of International Admissions, the Administrative Assistant II will perform a full range of administrative functions and provide specialized support in the application process for international applicants. The Administrative Assistant II provides direct support to the Director of International Admission and her two Assistant Directors. The Administrative Assistant II also is the point of contact for international applicants, assisting them through the process while carrying out support functions in processing and communication of admission decisions. The position provides clear communication about international application status, processes, policies, and procedures to a wide variety of domestic and international recruitment partners.
● Process and file all International direct admit, Exchange, Special Sponsored Student Groups and Conditional Application Program (CAP) applications and supplemental documents. The role will be responsible for checking incoming documents for international applicants and supervising student workers to sort the international documents into different categories and scan onto students files with right labels. This role will also be responsible for checking missing documents from international applicants and communicate with the applicants/agencies for the items.
● Maintain collaborative relationships with English Language Institute resulting in efficiently processing CAP applications. This role will be responsible for application/admission quality checking for all offer letters and admission decisions. This role will also be assisting matriculating process for ELI graduates.
● Collaborate with UD Exchange Coordinators and Colleges advisors of Global Programs & Partnerships. This candidate is expected to be the liaison person between admissions and faculties to gather necessary admission documents for exchange applications.
● Serve as the Administrative Assistant for the Director of International Admissions. Daily duties will include managing the Director’s calendar and setting up meetings for the Director.
● Maintain inventory of international promotional materials including brochures, giveaways. Ship materials in support of ADs and the Director’s travel commitments.
● Responsible for answering and distributing International Inbox emails for the team.
● Prepare and ship of admission packets and I-20 documents to admitted students.
● Supervise students workers for added duties including assisting campus visits from partners and students.
● Maintain collaborative relationships with Office of International Students and Scholars regarding International immigration documents for exchange student and special sponsored student groups.
● Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
● High school diploma or GED with two to three years of administrative experience.
● Demonstrated customer service skills. Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
● Broad knowledge of University systems, policies and procedures.
● Demonstrated ability to use intermediate word processing and Excel techniques.
● Hands-on experience with electronic information systems. Experience with UDSIS and SLATE will be highly desired.