PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Office of the University Registrar, as part of the Enrollment Management Team, manages information systems, maintains students’ academic records and provides educational support services for the University community.
Under the limited supervision of the Sr. Associate Registrar, the Academic Records Assistant II provides direct support, represents the University and interacts with the public through both in-person and telephone consultations and contact. Answers questions and interprets inquiries to resolve problems for students, parents, alums and other administrative offices. The Academic Records Assistant II is often the first point of contact for constituents inquiring or visiting the Registrar’s Office.
• Front Desk
o Provide in person assistance to students/faculty/staff/general public regarding Registrar issues, including ordering transcripts, transfer credit forms/information, registration problems.
o Registrar’s Office liaison to Enrollment Services staff regarding phone/email inquiries not able to be escalated to other Registrar staff. Provides quality control oversight of Contact Center responses and follows-up with Enrollment Services staff; Acts as point-of-contact for Registrar’s staff regarding customer service concerns/issues.
o Set PINs/passwords for current and former students.
o Maintain policies and procedures manual for the Front Desk.
o Contact for Notary/Apostille requests.
• Enrollment Verification
o Verify degrees and attendance each day through the National Student Clearinghouse - by phone and email while upholding FERPA law.
o Produce official degree letters and verification of enrollment letters.
o Instruct the student population how to print their enrollment verification and good student discounts on UDSIS.
o Verify degree and attendance forms for the military, insurance companies and scholarship organizations.
o Assist federal investigators with in-person background checks.
o Complete the team club sport rosters for eligibility purposes.
• Supervise Student Workers
o Hire, train, schedule, and supervise student workers.
o Create and post student worker schedules on UDARE, updating at least monthly.
• Residency Reclassification
o Receive residency reclassification applications and documentation, research additional documentation, request missing information, and compile individual packets for review.
o Respond to inquiries from students and parents.
o Coordinate appeals committee meetings, create agendas, and compile files for committee review.
o Send all communications to applicants and adjust residency status in UDSIS, as needed.
o Initiate residency audits once per year.
o Manage files and maintain records retention schedule on a yearly basis.
o Serves as back-up for updating social security numbers, name changes, and birthdates in UDSIS system.
o Assists with transfer credit processing during peak times.
o Provide excellent customer service
o Perform other duties as necessary; work cooperatively in a team-centered environment.
• High school diploma or GED and two to three years of experience in an administrative clerical position.
• Broad knowledge of University systems, policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state regulations preferred.
• Ability to organize, review, analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to make independent decisions in keeping with level of the position.
• Excellent computer skills; experience with Outlook, Word, Excel and Access preferred.
• Experience with Oracle - People Soft/Student Information Systems (UDSIS) preferred.
• Ability to work independently, to manage and adhere to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; effective problem-solving skills; attention to detail required.
• Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Higher education customer-service experience and working knowledge of transfer credit highly preferred.