Program Coordinator, Healthcare Theatre
Job no: 494543
Work type: Staff
Categories: Health Services, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29N
Context of the Job:
The Program Coordinator is vital in the management of Healthcare Theatre. The Program Coordinator will be responsible to synchronize and implement daily operations, provide oversight, and serve as a representative of Healthcare Theatre (HT) in the absence of HT faculty. Primary responsibilities include the organization and development of course content, simulation learning, and Healthcare Theatre workshop development. The Healthcare Theatre Program Coordinator will report directly to Healthcare Theatre Faculty.
- Manages Miscellaneous Wage employees and student interns to ensure day to day activities for Healthcare Theatre run smoothly.
- Identifies grant opportunities for Healthcare Theatre, and executes plan for submission.
- Provides leadership with Healthcare Theatre workshop development and marketing.
- Maintains the Healthcare Theatre shared drive and Master Calendar. Coordinates with Faculty, Facilitators and Students to monitor that student hours for course requirements are accurate and ensure simulation schedules, description, locations and Disciplines are correct.
- Manages the audition process for NURS/THEA 214 to include scheduling, setting up space and coordinating with interested students. Interviews students at the conclusion of auditions.
- Access Canvas to upload documents, access assignments, and communicate with Healthcare Theatre Students.
- Coordinates/Manages Healthcare Theatre student simulation rotation to ensure hours are met and distributed evenly.
- Works closely with course faculty to ensure quality Healthcare Theatre performers for outside contracts in semester.
- Provides coaching/performance techniques to maintain quality performances in all simulations to make sure that patient portrayals are appropriate. Coordinates basic and advanced student peer mentoring.
- Assists as needed in didactic portion of NURS/THEA214 with small group sessions, exam grading, review of self- reflection papers, providing simulation training videos, and demonstrations for NURS/THEA214.
- Serves as a guide and resource for demonstrating and touring IPE spaces and Healthcare Theatre.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field (preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of experience as a Simulated Participant Educator or Completed Healthcare Theatre and Adv. Healthcare Theatre courses (preferred).
- Experience with planning, developing, implementing, and customizing problem-based learning programs.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a multidisciplinary research team.
- Willingness to learn scenario and simulation development.
- Willingness to learn Canvas system.
- Ability to work with multiple partners to establish effective working relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills (building relationships, trust, conflict resolution, the ability to develop and strengthen partnerships).
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Highly motivated, able and willing to work independently and possess a strong work ethic.
- Effective problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals both within and outside the partnership.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and skill in organizing resources and establishing and adjusting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate issues and proactively seek resolutions.
- Must have strong organizational skills/time management skills and attention to detail.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend