Academic Records Assistant II, Office of University Registrar
Job no: 500362
College / VP Area: VP for Enroll Management
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Office of the University Registrar, as part of the Enrollment Management Team, manages information systems, maintains students’ academic records and provides educational support services for the University community.
Under the limited supervision of the Associate Registrar, the Academic Records Assistant II collaborates with academic units and provides guidance and structure for the degree clearance process. The primary responsibility is acting as liaison to academic departments in degree clearance and conferral issues and overseeing the diploma order process and commencement bulletin and data compilation. The role oversees all student plan data-entry updates and admission revocations/readmissions/withdrawals/suspensions/cancellations for non-payment. The position will provide high-quality customer service to aforementioned responsibilities both virtually and in-person and performs various other routine and non-routine administrative tasks to support office functions. This individual must exercise a high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills. In addition, must have exceptional oral and written customer service skills, with the ability to diplomatically handle stressful situations. Attention to detail is essential.
- Responsible for preparing graduation reports for the colleges, examining reports for errors and updating student information in UDSIS throughout the degree conferral process. Contact for all graduation-related items and troubleshooting of issues. Manage the posting of degrees and liaison to the degree clearance process.
- Process webforms including Change of Major/Minor/Expected Graduation, Change of Catalog, Honors program coding, and course of study updates. Acts as the main contact for major/minor-related questions and troubleshooting of webform issues.
- Support student academic plan management updates that result from Faculty Senate decisions.
- Process Readmission Application form requests. Online web forms received are processed in the UDSIS system. Provide clarification to questions and concerns from students, parents and originators of forms, advising them of the proper procedure and options as results of web form requests.
- Maintain the routing of, and troubleshoot issues with, the Change of Major, Minor and Graduation Term webform.
- Contact for all diploma-related questions and inquires. Manage firstname.lastname@example.org email account. Maintain accurate diploma order records. Submit diploma replacement requests bi-weekly and the batch diploma orders for the University’s four degree conferral periods. Oversee other necessary diploma orders as needed.
- Provide all graduation/diploma-related reports including the undergraduate names for the commencement bulletin compilation.
- Process Withdrawals and Admission Revocations and manage, in collaboration with Student Financial Services, the cancellation for non-payment process.
- Manage suspension and expulsion process when directed by Office of Student Conduct.
- Serve as back-up for processing student Leave of Absences and Course Permit forms.
- Communicate and clarify University policies and procedures as appropriate. Maintain archival records as required by position.
- Provide department-wide customer service to faculty, staff and students.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and two to three years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of office management; knowledge of academic and administrative programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret academic records, make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the level of the position.
- Familiarity with curriculum and advisement technologies highly desirable.
- Ability to apply logic and critical thinking skills to solve complex issues with coding, processes, etc.
- Ability to compose professional and customer-service correspondence for a wide-range of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work under limited supervision; ability to work in a team-centered environment; must be able to take initiative; attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage and adhere to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; effective problem-solving skills.
- Excellent basic computer software skills; experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access preferred.
- Experience with Oracle – PeopleSoft Student Information Systems (UDSIS), Team Dynamix Next (CRM) and COGNOS highly desired.
- Demonstrated understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend