Administrative Assistant III- Information Technologies
Job no: 499058
College / VP Area: Vice President for IT
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Information Technologies at the University of Delaware (www.it.udel.edu) provides the IT infrastructure, central IT systems and applications, and IT services for University of Delaware teaching, learning, research, administrative, and outreach activities. The IT organization comprises these eight units: Academic Technology Services, Client Services and Support, Enterprise Systems & Cloud Services, Information Security, Network and Infrastructure Services, Research Cyberinfrastructure, Strategic Operations, and University Media Services.
- Provides administrative support for the Senior Directors for UDIT; herein also referred to as Department. Performs a broad range of administrative details of highly confidential nature on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions. Observes and maintains confidentiality of all privileged information. Prioritizes and resolves administrative problems and personnel issues. Implements and monitors administrative policies and procedures within the unit.
- Maintains complex calendar(s). Coordinates Deputy CIO, CISO, and Directors’ meetings, events and travel arrangements; prepares itineraries and supporting materials. Prepares meeting agendas. Receives and screens incoming calls and correspondence.
- Prepares, edits and distributes a variety of highly confidential, specialized, and recurrent reports and correspondence as necessary.
- Serves as liaison between Deputy CIO, CISO and Directors and various internal and external constituencies. Responds to various staff and client inquiries – and ensures compliance to departmental and UD policies including but not limited to HR, employee benefits, payroll, financial, safety, travel, EHS, Facilities.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates IT events, receptions, workshops, seminars, and retreats.
- Establishes and maintains office files, inventories, and records. Implements and maintains a data management system as required.
- Procures office supplies as well as computer hardware and software in accordance with requirements for staff use.
- Acts as PROcard administrator for the Department. Reconciles on-line credit card transactions and monthly bank statements for all card-holders. Obtains supporting documentation, maintains files according to UD policy. Allocates internal and inter-departmental charges. Addresses issues regarding card maintenance and vendor disputes.
- Facilitates payroll for misc. wage and student employees.
Human Resources Support
- Supports recruitment efforts via scheduling in coordination with IT HR Generalist.
- Acts as HR Liaison responsible for Departmental HR functions. Works closely with Directors and IT HR Director regarding confidential personnel issues.
- Supports full-time staff recruitments and oversees new hire processes for student hourly and miscellaneous wage employees.
- Performs confidential, urgent and/or important administrative duties as required. Observes and maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Participates in staff development and training sessions and attends meetings as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and clients and follows University and department policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Works within the department’s overall strategic plan following project priorities and scope. Meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
This Administrative Assistant III position also acts as a backup to the Assistant to the Vice President of Information Technologies.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and three to five years of progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, to make independent decisions and judgments in keeping with the level of the position.
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use advanced techniques in word processing, spreadsheet, database applications.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prepare reports with mathematical accuracy to reconcile financial issues.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, handle and prioritize multiple assignments, be highly organized and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to represent IT to a wide variety of personnel in an effective and professional manner.
- Experience with and good operational knowledge of the HR and Financial PeopleSoft Systems preferred.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend