Project Coordinator, Infant Caregiver Project
Job no: 496122
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
Pay Grade: 29E
Context of the Job:
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator, the Project Coordinator will take part in direct supervision of ABC clinicians. These tasks involve supervising a complex video coding system of parent and clinician behaviors, regular communication with clinicians about performance, and providing reliable, consistent feedback to other supervisors about ABC clinicians.
The Project Coordinator will also oversee administrative functions of ABC dissemination. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for creating/implementing new policies while also ensuring that all current policies and procedures in the lab are being adhered to. The Project Coordinator will assist with screening parent coaches for training eligibility and tracking external coding obligations. Along with the Principal Investigator, this position is responsible for assisting with hiring and training staff as well as providing feedback, tracking their progress, and handling disciplinary actions.
The position is temporary and may be renewed on a 12-month basis, dependent upon available funding and performance.
• Oversee dissemination-related administration and business tasks.
• Supervise assignment of tasks among staff and undergraduate students to ensure equal distribution of assignments as well as adequate staffing, space, and equipment for subsequent performance of duties.
• Along with the PI, this position is responsible for hiring and training full time staff as well as providing feedback, tracking their progress, and handling disciplinary actions.
• Responsible for serving as the primary resource for partners in the field to help in tracking and fulfilling screening and coding obligations. This responsibility involves making executive decisions in ambiguous situations and answering any questions that arise.
• Responsible for serving as a primary resource for staff and undergraduate students in the lab when questions/problems arise including assessing the situation, coming up with solutions to correct the situation, and following up to see that the problem has been resolved.
• Responsible for creating/implementing new policies while also ensuring that all current policies and procedures in the lab are being adhered to.
• Represent the lab in interactions with social workers, treatment centers, foster care groups, adoption agencies, and other related organizations. This includes building relationships with specific agencies and recruiting new dissemination trainees through those agencies.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and three year’s related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies, and procedures pertaining to human subjects and clinical research.
• Experience administering a large research program.
• Supervisory experience.
• Effective interpersonal, long oral and written communication, human relations, and listening skills.
• Ability to lead and direct others.
• Ability to analyze research methodology, protocol, and procedures.
• Ability to evaluate and provide feedback to staff that result in the collection of valid and reliable data collection.
• Ability to collaborate with students, faculty and/or staff in a team environment.
• Willingness to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele.
• Ability to assign work and handle workflow issues regarding staff and miscellaneous wage employees and undergraduate research assistants.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management strongly preferred.
• Interviewing and evaluation skills preferred.
• Skill in the use of computer applications and data analysis, for example, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
• FileMaker Pro and statistical and graphics software experience preferred.
• Strong scientific judgment, administrative ability, and independent
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend