Outreach Coordinator, Human Development and Family Sciences
Job no: 494700
Work type: Staff
Categories: Program/Project Management, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28N
Context of the Job:
The Department of Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS) within the College of Education and Human Development is a diversified Department with undergraduate and graduate programs that require a close working relationship with the State of Delaware, Federal Agencies, local school systems, and numerous Health and Service agencies.
The Department houses the Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood (DIEEC), supporting the workforce and programming services for children aged six weeks to twelve years of age in early care and education through the translation of evidence-based practices to community-based settings as well as the generation of new knowledge via applied research. Within the DIEEC, Delaware Stars for Early Success is a state-funded program designed to increase the quality of early care and education throughout the state of Delaware. Delaware Stars provides technical assistance, grants, and professional development supports to family child care and center-based child care programs throughout the state.
The Outreach Coordinator works under the limited supervision of the Program Manager, Communications. This position will coordinate and implement outreach strategies and campaigns in line with the strategic vision and priorities of Delaware Stars.
This position is a full-time grant-funded position.
- Coordinates, develops, and implements outreach and engagement strategies to promote Delaware Stars.
- Collaborates with Delaware Stars providers, DIEEC staff, community leaders, and state early childhood partners to improve program engagement.
- Collaborates with Delaware Stars Communications team and Research & Evaluation team to evaluate and improve outreach strategies.
- Delivers presentations to Delaware Stars staff, early childhood program staff, and the broader early childhood community on Delaware Stars.
- Contributes to long-range strategic planning for the Delaware Stars program.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED and five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of marketing and public awareness, as well as in depth knowledge and experience in planning and implementing outreach and engagement strategies
- Knowledge of early childhood development, early care and education programs, and recommended practices for early care and education
- Must be detail-oriented and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experienced in program planning, implementation, and evaluation skills
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of constituents
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend