Administrative Assistant III, Mathematical Sciences
Job no: 494589
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 27N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited supervision, performs complex secretarial and administrative duties in support of various programs and projects associated with the department of Mathematical Sciences. This position will maintain department Chair’s calendar, take minutes at faculty meetings, and prepare and route meeting agenda. Under the direction of the Academic Support Coordinator, will prepare HR payroll web forms for all graduate contracts. Handle On-Boarding of hourly workers, and serve as UD Timekeeper. Work as department Newsletter editor, and prepare and submit articles to the Math website. In addition, duties will include handling math Textbooks, Course Syllabi, Grade submissions, Copier Liaison, Lower division math exams, donor reports for gift’s and thank you letters from the Chair. A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills are required.
- Process new hires for hourly positions using HR On-boarding program and web form submissions. Also, process Additional Assignment web forms for hiring workers already in the payroll system. Hourly positions consist of graders, undergraduate or miscellaneous wage researchers, clerical office support, IT student workers, and new Adjunct faculty for teaching.
- Serve as department Timekeeper to review and approve bi-weekly payroll for hourly workers. Attention to details needed to confirm hours are compliant with university policies, as well as, with the terms of their position.
- HR Processing of Graduate forms under the direction of the Academic Support Coordinator consisting of the Graduate Contract (GSCRF), the tuition contract (SFAF), and the stipends (JED). Review HR Graduate spreadsheet as applicable.
- Point of contact for maintaining the Chair’s schedule, preparing the monthly faculty meeting agenda, routing it to all faculty, attending the faculty meetings, and taking minutes of the meeting to be transcribed and routed to all faculty.
- Serve as Editor for department Newsletter and prepare articles for submission to the Math website. Work in conjunction with the departments Professional Development Committee.
- Managing and distributing Math textbooks for Instructors, maintaining course syllabi for all courses, and overseeing grade submissions in conjunction with the Registrar’s office.
- Point of contact for faculty coordinators of the large volume Lower Division Math exams. Assists faculty with submission of exams to the Quick Copy Center for delivery to Math to be boxed individually for multiple class instructors.
- Receive donor reports from the Gift Processing/ Development office for contributions made to the Math Gift account and prepare thank you letters from the Chair.
- Copier machine liaison for vendor repairs, maintaining a monthly usage report for maintenance contract billing, setting up access codes for new users, and excel summary report of user activity.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and three to five years of job-related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, creating mail merges, spreadsheets or databases. Experience with UDSIS, HR On-Boarding, Web forms, and UD Time preferred.
- Working knowledge of University academic operations, policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience in administrative support involving organization, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in office practices and procedures.
- Experience in customer service involving effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments, analyze and solve problems, and prioritize, plan and organize work.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use discretion regarding personal and confidential matters.
Ability to maintain a positive and collaborative work environment.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend