Administrative Assistant II, Cooperative Extension Services
Job no: 494514
Work type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 26N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited supervision, the Administrative Assistant II will perform complex and non-routine administrative duties for the New Castle County (NCC) Cooperative Extension Office. This position supports administrative duties of the County Director, support for Horticulture Agent and Master Gardener program, and support for Ag Agent and Agricultural program. In addition, responsible for monitoring, processing and allocating funds through appropriate financial systems.
- Monitor all financial activities for staff members housed in the New Castle County Cooperative Extension Office including:
- Manage the New Castle County Cooperative Extension Office operating budgets, including the management of local support funds;
- Monitor overall unit accounts and periodically provide balance reports to staff;
- Analyze expenditures and reconcile multiple and complex accounts;
- Prepare accounts for audits and close outs; and maintain grant files
- Prepare Journal Vouchers, Vendor Payments, Payment to Individuals, Purchase Orders, Non-Student Billings;
- Allocate credit card charges to appropriate accounts, monitor and analyze spending, reconcile statements;
- Prepare Business Expense Reports (BERs) for staff and professionals;
- Deposit all program funds;
- Review, research, compile, and analyze reports, documents, and claims to ensure conformance with operating guidelines, University policy, State, Local, and Federal regulations;
- Review data control processes and implement new methods and procedures for effectively reviewing and entering data;
- Maintain program and financial connections with partner institutions & University departments.
- Provide program support for Horticulture and volunteer Master Gardener Programs.
- Process new hires including filing of employment forms, onboarding, background checks, setting up email, etc.
- Office Liaison for all HR, Benefits, Payroll and Time/Leave staff needs.
- Coordinate and track all property and building maintenance requests and problems. Work with facilities group on building related issues.
- Office IT Liaison: attempt to resolve day to day computer issues, communicates needs, identifies resources or solutions to problems that can be handled directly at the office, and sets up work to be completed by the IT support center. Responsible for Zoom web conference procedures.
- Coordinate meeting needs such as IT equipment, room setup, catering, etc.
- Assist with program marketing, such as create/manage posts/events on the Cooperative Extension website, Facebook and Instagram, newspapers and media outlets; create and/or revamp publications, flyers, posters, etc.; work with University Printing for publications
- Manage records, including maintaining program files and documents.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining office and program supply inventories.
- Assist with the main office coverage including walk-ins, phone, web inquires and the sales of soil test kits
- Assist New Castle County Extension Director and other county staff members with other activities as required (e.g., travel arrangements, mailings, outreach activities, etc).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Work as a team member with staff and professionals within the university and the unit.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED with three years of experience. Additional related education may be substituted for required experience. Associate's degree or equivalent course work in business administration, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience with the financial activities listed above preferred.
- Experience with office practices and procedures.
- Ability to use advanced techniques in spreadsheet, database, and document editing software.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of University operating procedures preferred.
- Familiarity with partner agencies and organizations desirable.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend