Research Associate I, Center for Health Assessment Research and Translation
Job no: 494179
Work type: Staff
Categories: Research & Laboratory, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 28N
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The Center for Health Assessment Research and Translation (CHART) at the University of Delaware is looking for a full-time Research Associate I to assist our research faculty and scientists in carrying out grant-funded research projects. The Center aims to improve the quality of healthcare and quality of life for children and adults with chronic conditions by improving patient assessment tools and practices. In particular, our team of psychologists and psychometricians studies the science and practice of outcomes measurement in rehabilitation medicine. CHART is funded through multiple grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR), the Department of Defense (DoD), and private foundations.
Develop Study Procedures:
- Prepare/Assemble project briefing books; help coordinate grant meetings.
- Assist with creating Manuals of Procedures (MOPS) for specified projects.
- Develop recruitment, recordkeeping, tracking, communication, and data collection procedures for all studies.
- Prepare and submit IRB applications, continuations, and amendments.
- Preparation of Specifications and Testing of Data Management Systems
- Monitor subject accrual and report to study team members.
- Implement new strategies and processes to achieve targeted enrollments.
- Monitor completeness of data and communicate loss of data to supervisor when it happens.
- Ensure that all targets and timelines are met. Develop and implement audit processes to review data quality and human subjects compliance.
- Conduct data cleaning and clearly name and label all data prior to analysis.
- Assist in Grant Preparation Including Grant Text and Budget Support Assist PI in developing selected grant sections (preparing sections/tables/figures).
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of adjunct material (e.g., biosketches, letters of support, letters of intent). Coordinate literature reviews/reference sections.
- Assist PI in preparing annual reports.
- Code Qualitative Data Code qualitative data as appropriate.
- Help coordinate with local sites.
- Assist investigators in preparing results.
- Conduct Patient Interviews.
- If grant requires data collection, conduct phone interviews and/or in-person data collection, as appropriate.
- Ensure standardized procedures are followed.
- Assist in Writing and Preparing Manuscripts, Posters, Website Materials, and other Publications.
- Prepare references in reference management software.
- Format manuscripts for journals and submissions online.
- Prepare graphs, tables for presentations and journal publications using computer software.
- Training Work with research scientists to develop procedures and orientation materials for employees within CHART.
- Train data collectors.
- Assist with other Administrative Tasks as Needed Follow protocol and collect data as required.
- Follow all protocols for Good Clinical Practice. Monitor recruitment targets and independently meet recruitment goals.
- Communicate with investigators when struggling to meet goals.
- Working with investigator, assist in developing data collection platform (in REDCap, Assessment Center, or similar) for studies
- Working with investigator, assist in providing specifications to collaborative sites as appropriate
- Working with investigator, run test cases to test system as required
- Bachelor’s degree and two years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Psychology or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of experimental procedures and data collection.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work with others.
- Ability to take direction and then work independently. Proficient computing skills.
- Knowledge of REDCap desirable.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend